|Location||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Date Posted||June 12, 2019|
Education Jobs in South Africa
The Department of Drama and Film Studies in the Faculty of the Arts has a permanent position for a Senior Lecturer at the Arts Campus.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Presenting lectures in Performing Arts subjects, with specific focus on inter and multi-disciplinary applications of: Physical Theatre; or Creative Industries/Art Business Practice; or Applied Theatre.
- Taking responsibility for administrative tasks related to teaching and learning.
- Involvement in the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Good teaching and research guidance to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Organising and facilitating practical exercises.
- Planning of study materials and the design of learning opportunities.
- Participating in research and community service projects.
- Industry liaison and involvement in the ongoing development of curricula.
- Participating in the administration of various departmental initiatives.
- As Senior Lecturer, the incumbent will be responsible for excellence in academic, research and technological advancement.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent qualification.
- Five years’ teaching at tertiary level is required.
- The candidate should have a proven track record of research, publication and M and D study leadership.
- At least 5 years in an academic position as Lecturer.
- At least 3 years managerial experience will be an added advantage.
- Evidence of attendance at local and international conferences will be an added advantage.