|Location||eMalahleni, South Africa|
|Date Posted||May 10, 2019|
Education Jobs in South Africa
The department of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Build Environment has 2 x Lecturer positions in the field of Digital System and Control System( with Process Instrumentation will be an added advantage) at the eMalahleni Campus.
Critical Performance Areas
- Presenting lectures and tutorial for Digital Systems and Control Systems.
- Setting of exam and assessment question papers and marking of scripts.
- Keeping up to date subjects files for each subjects taught.
- Preparing practical activities for each subjects and supervising and evaluating individual project work.
- Be responsible for all general admin work related to the subjects including updating of study guides and lecturer materials on MyTUTor, and uploading of assessment marks on ITS.
- Quality teaching and learning with technology.
- Implementing faculty’s teaching and learning strategy with evidence.
- Ensure that all students do lecturer’s assessments on myTUTor.
- Ensuring that all allocated subjects adhere to assessment structure and time frames (submission of marks, moderators, and other related processes)
- Motivating and reminding students of the need to register (activate) their TUT4Life free email account.
- Using TUT4Life as the default means of communication for allocated subjects.
- Make all announcements regarding my subject(s) in class and myTUTor. If an announcement has not also been posted to my group(s) on myTUTor then an announcement is not formal.
- Send email reminders to all students at least three days before deadline for projects and assignments and test dates. Take note that myTUTor can be configured to do this automatically.
- A minimum of MEng/ MTech / MScEng qualification in Electrical Engineering.
- Must have at least 3 years lecturing experience in an institution of higher learning, or at least five years industry experience in Digital Systems and Control Systems
- Experience with Blackboard/myTUTor or other online content management systems will be an advantage.
Registration with professional body (if applicable)
Registration with Engineering Council of South Africa(ECSA) will be an advantage.