|Location||Mbombela, South Africa|
|Date Posted||June 12, 2019|
Education Jobs in South Africa
Ref: 19/261 (OFO CODE 231101)
The Department of Managerial Accounting and Finance in the Faculty of Economics and Finance has a Permanent position for a Junior Lecturer/ Lecturer at the Mbombela Campus. Preference will be given to qualifying South Africans, in particular women.
INSTRUCTIONS: Applicants are required to submit together with the CVs, a standardized application form available from the university intranet as well as recently certified copies of qualifications and Identity Document.
Critical Performance Areas
- Lecturing Managerial Accounting and Finance subjects to registered undergraduate students at various levels (including all related activities such as setting of questions and marking and maintaining subject files)
- To be responsible for administrative tasks related to teaching and learning.
- Actively participate in faculty research programmes focusing on Managerial Accounting and Finance related issues
- Overseeing delegated academic offerings (i.e. on-demand lecture series)
- Participate in faculty community projects
- The candidate will also be responsible for delegated academic and administrative functions, research and innovation and be part of the community engagement team
- Academic qualifications:
- An Honours degree in Financial Management/Management Accounting or any equivalent relevant qualification (Junior Lecturer).
- A Masters degree in Financial Management/Management Accounting or any equivalent relevant qualification (Lecturer).
- A minimum of two years teaching experience at a tertiary level;
- Research experience is strongly recommended.
- Registration with professional body (if applicable):
- Membership and involvement in the professional societies of the discipline (CIMA/SAICA) as well as professional registration are extremely desirable.