|Location||Port Elizabeth, South Africa|
|Date Posted||June 14, 2019|
Administrative Jobs in South Africa
The Bed Booking Clerk is responsible for the continuous communication between the theatre, doctor’rooms and
the rest of the hospital. It is imperative and excecuted with accuracy and timeous administration.
KEY WORK OUTPUT AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Maintain professional conduct and standards at all times in accordance with the Hospital Policies.
- The successful candidate would be required to work shifts.
- Be able to communicate well at all levels.
- Be highly motivated, positive, enthusiastic and be able to work under extreme pressure.
- Nursing environment experience would be advantageous.
- Telephone etiquette.
- Allocate all outstanding bookings from previous day.
- Take bookings from Doctors rooms for Theatre and Medical bookings.
- Booking patients into correct wards according to doctor’s preference.
- Enter all bookings into bed bookings file and allocate beds.
- Allocate all beds for ward transfers from the wards.
- Medical Background/knowledge would be an advantage.
- Compile and distribute theatre lists.
Printed copies of this document are uncontrolled and must be destroyed after use
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification.
- Previous work experience in a hospital environment.
- Computer Literate.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Experience in EXCELL,SAP advantageous.
- Knowledge of medical aid requirements.