|Location||Howard, South Africa|
|Date Posted||June 12, 2019|
Education Jobs in South Africa
REFERENCE NUMBER: L03/2019
The School of Law seeks to appoint a suitably qualified applicant to the permanent staff in the
aforementioned position. The successful applicant will be based at the UKZN Law Clinic as a practising
principal and/or supervising attorney, preferably having acted as such before. In addition, the
successful applicant will simultaneously be appointed as a lecturer in the School of Law.
The UKZN Law Clinic provides free civil legal services to indigent people whilst training law students and
candidate attorneys. The applicant must qualify to engage and supervise candidate attorneys in terms
of the Legal Practice Act. The successful applicant will also have teaching, research, academic
leadership and mentoring, administration of teaching activities and relevant community engagement
deliverables in the School of Law.
In all cases preference will be given to applicants who have an undergraduate South African law
- Minimum six years of experience as a practising Attorney
- A valid driver’s license for Law Clinic work purposes
- A relevant Master’s degree
- Experience in teaching or training within the discipline at a tertiary level or at the School for Legal
- Fluency in isi-Zulu
- Research and research supervision experience
- A relevant doctorate
- Qualify to engage and supervise candidate attorneys in terms of the Legal Practice Act
The successful candidate should demonstrate effective communication skills.
Communication will be limited to short-listed candidates who may be required to do a presentation at
Applicants are required to complete the relevant application form which is available on the Vacancies
page of the University website at www.ukzn.ac.za.